Platinum - Gold Rush Ceramic Pen (Sold by each)- Instructions in Description
Platinum - GoldRush Ceramic Pen - Instructions in Description below here:
* Fired Brilliant Platinum
* Easy to use - pre-filled
* Fires to a brilliant finish
Platinum Ceramic Pen is pre-filled with .4 cc’s of easily-applied, fire-on liquid platinum for platinum trim and decoration on ceramic, porcelain, and glass. After firing, it will produce brilliant platinum lines for permanent decorations and for writing or signing your ceramic, porcelain, or glass artwork. It works just like a felt tip pen—gently press down on the tip to allow the platinum to flow. Pens are sold individually.
Firing Range: 896-1625˚F:
For use on: Glass and lead-crystal, ceramics, pottery, porcelain, bone china, earthenware and tiles
Size: 5/16" diameter x 5-1/2" length
- - -Caution: Not intended for use on microwaveable products
---Not intended for firing in a microwave kiln
Note: Make sure to store the pen TIP DOWN to ensure material is near the tip for future use
***Also available in Copper***
- Prior to first use - place pen tip down in a container and leave tip down for at least 24 hours prior to use:
- Remove the cap. Press the pen in a downward motion to have the felt go into the pen to begin the wicking process.
- When ready to use your pen DO NOT SHAKE IT! Leave the pen tip-down and depress the tip onto a flat surface. I use a glass palette.
- Hold tip to the surface for 30 to 60 seconds, occasionally pressing the tip down then lift a bit to allow the tip to go up and down to help the flow of the material.
- Once the tip is completely filled with material the pen is ready to use.
- Draw using the pen like a normal pen.
- The material goes on dark burgundy hue and then after it is fired in the kiln it becomes vibrant.
*Make sure to store the pen TIP DOWN to ensure material is near the tip for future use.
Wishing you happy glassing,
Irene - the happy glass gal
I’ve ordered from them a couple of times and they deliver what I order in a timely, professional manner. And are friendly too! and more.
The pens performed very well and are good accents to my fused glass projects. Happy Glass did an excellent job getting the pens to me.